Build Your World, Build Your Career …
V3 Companies believes in development: Both by providing you with a stimulating environment to enhance your professional growth and in transforming the world around us for the better. Our name reflects that commitment to you and those who live, work and play in the special places we help create: Visio, Vertere, Virtute – The Vision to Transform with Excellence.
From our Edmonton office, V3 engages in a range of land development and municipal infrastructure improvement projects throughout Alberta and other western Provinces. Our fast-growing firm will provide you with a variety of opportunities to advance your skills in civil engineering design, construction phase services … or both. We believe that the worst thing is to pigeonhole developing talent. Instead, we prefer to provide the outlets for you to discover what it is that you do best and what suits your goals for your continued career.
Our team is the most important asset that walks in our door, and we focus on providing the resources, mentorship and training to launch you to the next level. V3’s experienced leaders work directly with all team members, transferring their knowledge, skills and techniques directly to you. Let’s build your career, our company and great places together.
Here’s how you fit into the V3 Team:
Depending on your skills and interests, you may function primarily in a construction role in the field or as a designer. Ideally, you’re a well-rounded individual who is interested in a hybrid role, performing as a resident engineer or technologist during the construction season and having an interest in executing design-oriented tasks during the winter months. We believe the best design engineers and technologists – and the ones who gain the most valuable experience – are those who see first-hand how their designs perform in the real-world of land development and municipal improvement construction.
Here’s what you’ll do:
As a Field Engineer or Technologist at V3, you’d primarily be engaged in the following activities:
- Monitor and observe construction activities.
- Attend and participate in site meetings at a level commensurate with your expertise.
- Prepare progress payment certificates and inspection reports.
- Interpret design drawings for contractors.
- Use Leica GPS / total station to perform topo surveys and construction staking.
- Serve as a critical resource and communication conduit between clients, contractors and municipalities.
- Perform as-built surveys for underground utility and roadway projects and assist in project close-out activities.
- Working closely with Project Managers and Construction Services Managers in executing the tasks required of construction phase consultants on our projects.
To help you hone and expand your skill set, here’s what you’ll do in a Design role as a team member at V3:
- The design and drafting of grading, stormwater management and infrastructure improvement plans for land development and municipal projects, utilizing Civil3D.
- Performing earthwork calculations and surface analysis for earth balance evaluations and contractor payment benchmarks during construction.
- Creating project unit price schedules and cost estimates.
- Generating construction contract and specification documents.
- Executing computer simulations for water distribution networks and hydraulic models.
- Working closely with Project Managers and Senior Engineers to execute the design and construction documents for our projects.
And if you’re that hybrid engineer or technologist who is excited about the prospect of being exposed to it all, you’ll have the opportunity to be engaged in all of the above … and then some.
What more can we tell you?
Our newly-renovated office is located on the western edge of Sherwood Park, close to the Henday and about 20 minutes from downtown Edmonton. Our projects that you’d be engaged in typically are built in and around Edmonton and other northern Alberta municipalities, although we do support our Saskatchewan effort from the Edmonton office.
The job features competitive pay and paid time off and a comprehensive benefits package. However, we think a real difference maker is our collegial team-based environment and the opportunity for you to not get typecast into one role or one type of project.
By now, you’re probably wondering what’s important to us…
If you’ve visited our website, you can clearly tell that we emphasize our people. As a professional consulting firm, we’re only as good as each member of our combined team.
Not being the biggest firm in Edmonton, each hire we make is that much more important to us. Of course, we believe in hiring the best people and care about your skills and experience relative to the role you want to play at V3, including your job experience, technical skills, current licensure or goals for professional development.
But we also place a premium on character and cultural fit. Our win-win scenario is when you’re as happy working with us, as we are in calling you our teammate.
Here are the next steps:
To help us get acquainted, please send your resume and a cover letter that tells us a bit about you to Rachel Reynoso at email@example.com. We look forward to making the connection with you.