V3 Companies’ ecological restoration division performs a wide range of services on wetlands and native landscape areas including design, construction/implementation, and long-term management. We are seeking candidates to fill Field Ecologist roles at all levels. Candidates will have a background in wetlands, native landscape installation and management and/or agricultural knowledge related to planting, seeding and maintenance of natural areas.
- Application of herbicide (hand wicking, backpack spraying, etc.).
- Perform general field labor and manual weed removal by hand, mowing, weed whipping.
- Installation of native plant plugs and erosion control.
- Conduct brush clearing, tree cutting and general chainsaw work.
- Participate in prescribed burning.
- Coordinate with construction foreman, project managers and ecologists.
- Assist with other duties as assigned or requested.
- Facilitate site assessments, field monitoring, and reporting.
- Project administration (define and input work orders, daily logs, and contract administration).
- Work hours (average) range from 30-60 hours/week and varies with seasons.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in the biological sciences (biology, botany, ecology, zoology, etc.) or in a related discipline.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of native and non-native plant species of the Chicagoland region.
- Background in natural area installation and management and/or agricultural knowledge related to planting and seeding in natural areas.
- Licensed herbicide applicator or ability to obtain the license through the state of Illinois state herbicide exam.
- Ability to perform physical labor throughout the year (lift/carry minimum 50 lbs).
- Competent in the use hand tools and equipment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to perform multiple tasks.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off, and holidays. Please visit our website at www.v3co.com for additional information on V3 Companies. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Kaitlyn Stout at email@example.com or fax to 630.724.0385.