V3 Companies, a multi-discipline engineering, science and construction firm, is seeking a Project Scientist/Civil Engineer in our Natural Resources Practice Area at our Indianapolis office. Experience in environmental oversight is desired. Qualified candidates must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as the positions include interaction with both internal team members and external clients. In addition, they must be able to work independently and, in a team-based environment with the ability to manage several major activities at once.
General responsibilities include:
- Review stormwater BMPs on construction plans.
- Monitor rainfall data for individual project locations.
- Prepare cost estimates for site inspections based on site conditions and plan details.
- Responsible for the weekly and storm event site inspections, reports and activity logs.
- Coordinate required corrective work with on-site contractor or oversight person.
- Recommend alternative BMPs based on site conditions and/or failure of installed BMPs.
- Attend site meetings or project calls as required.
- Recognize non-compliance of other federal, state, and local environmental permit requirements.
- Provide environmental oversight on construction projects.
- Follow safety requirements.
- Develop and submit new SWPPP as needed for approval.
- Prepare and file Notice of Intent/Notice of Termination per the local entity and State requirements.
- Environmental or Civil Engineering degree required
- Five years of experience or greater. Prefer experience in construction, environmental or erosion control related fields.
- Knowledge and understanding of all local government stormwater regulations, State of Indiana stormwater regulations, IDEM 327 IAC 15-5 (new IDEM 2021 Construction General Permit), and EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) 2017 Construction General Permit (CGP) is required. Knowledge of stormwater regulations in surrounding states preferred.
- Knowledge of stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP) as they relate to stormwater erosion control and runoff control is required.
- Understanding of general construction practices is required. Understanding of overhead power line installation is preferred.
- General knowledge of wetland regulations and permitting process is preferred.
- Stormwater and erosion control certifications are preferred (CPESC, CISEC).
- OSHA 30-hour construction safety certification is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off, and holidays. Please visit our website at www.v3co.com for additional information about V3 Companies. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to April Hough at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 630.724.0385.