Build Your World, Build Your Career …
V3 Companies believes in development by providing you with an environment to enhance your professional growth and in transforming the world around us for the better. Our name reflects that commitment to you and those who live, work and play in the special places we help to create: Visio, Vertere, Virtute – The Vision to Transform with Excellence.
From our Edmonton‐area office, V3 engages in a range of land development and municipal infrastructure improvement projects throughout Alberta and other western Provinces. Our fast‐ growing firm provides you with the opportunity to advance your skills in both civil engineering design and construction phase services. We believe that the worst thing is to pigeonhole developing talent. Instead, we provide the outlets for you to discover what you do best and what aligns with your personal career goals.
Our team is our most important asset, and we focus on providing the resources, mentorship and training to launch you to the next level. V3’s experienced leaders work directly with all team members, directly transferring to you their knowledge, skills and techniques. Let’s build your career, our company and great places together.
Here’s how you fit into the V3 Team:
V3’s approach is to identify well‐rounded individuals who are interested in performing design‐oriented tasks and serving as a resident engineer on construction projects. Because we believe that new civil design engineers gain the most valuable experience when they see first‐hand how their team’s designs perform in the real‐world, you can expect to spend the first few years with us in this hybrid design/construction role.
Depending on your development, skills and interests, this practical exposure will help us better chart your career path together. That may be as a designer or in a construction role or even continuing in a hybrid structure. As a firm with a growing number of increasingly challenging projects, we need quality team members with both skill sets, interests and passions and want to help you find your right fit.
Here’s what you’ll do:
To better understand the practical application of design principles, you will:
- Work closely with Project Managers and Construction Services Coordinator in executing the tasks required of construction phase consultants on our projects.
- Interpret design drawings for contractors.
- Monitor and observe construction activities for adherence to the design.
- Participate in site meetings at a level commensurate with your expertise.
- Prepare progress payment certificates and inspection reports.
- Serve as a critical resource and communication link with clients, contractors and municipalities.
- Use Leica and Trimble GPS / total station to perform topo surveys and construction staking.
- Perform as‐built surveys for underground utility and roadway projects and assist in project close‐out activities.
From a design perspective, you will:
- Work closely with Project Managers and Senior Project Engineers to execute the design and construction documents for our projects.
- Participate in the design and drafting of grading, stormwater management and infrastructure improvement plans for land development and municipal projects, utilizing Autodesk Civil3D.
- Perform earthwork calculations and surface analysis for earth balance evaluations and contractor payment benchmarks during construction.
- Execute computer simulations for water distribution networks and hydraulic models.
- Create project unit price schedules and opinions of cost estimates.
- Generate construction contract and specification documents.
What more can we tell you?
Our newly‐renovated office is located on the western edge of Sherwood Park, close to Anthony Henday Drive and about 20 minutes from downtown Edmonton. During construction season, this role will be primarily field based; however, there is a flexible hybrid option when in the office. Our projects that you’d be engaged in typically are built in and around Edmonton and other northern Alberta municipalities.
The job features competitive pay and paid time off, the potential for overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package. However, we think a real difference maker is our collegial team‐based environment and the opportunity for you to not get typecast into one role or one type of assignment. If you thrive on variety, you’ll be excited to join our team.
By now, you’re probably wondering what’s important to us…
For this position, we’re interested in candidates with a Civil Engineering Degree. The ideal candidates will have one‐to‐three years of relevant experience. If you’re a new graduate, similar experience from summer internships is essential.
V3 wouldn’t have been named to the Top 5 list of North America’s Best Architecture/Engineering Firm to Work For without a passionate focus on our people. Our website clearly communicates how we value our team. As a consulting firm entrusted by our clients to provide solutions and quality advice, we’re only as good as each member of that team. That’s why every new member is critical to us.
Of course, we believe in hiring the best people and care about your skills and experience, including your job experience, academic performance and goals for your career development. But as a close‐knit team, we place a premium on character and cultural fit. Our win‐win scenario is when you’re as happy working with us, as we are in calling you our friend and teammate.
Here are your next steps:
To help us get acquainted, please send your resume and a cover letter that tells us a bit about you to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making a connection.
Interested in this position? Fill out the form below.