- Funded by the Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program, this project consisted of two segments of streetscape enhancements along Ardmore Avenue. The first segment is between the Metra railway tracks and Vermont Street and the second segments is from West Ridge Road to West Schiller Street.
- Streetscape enhancements to both segments included gateway features (signage, landscaping, irrigation and water fountains), LED ornamental pedestrian streetlights, hardscape features, landscaping and wayfinding signage.
- Sidewalk construction near the Ardmore Avenue bridge over the Canadian National Railway involved embankment construction to support the sidewalk as well as the relocation and installation of guard rail.
- Accommodations for pedestrian lighting were included in the Ardmore Avenue bridge replacement project, which V3 was the prime consultant.
The project was processed through the IDOT Bureau of Local Road.
- Phase III construction engineering included sidewalk improvements consisting of installation of ADA compliant ramps and detectable warnings. The sidewalk also included decorative features utilizing stamped and colored concrete at the street returns.
- HMA widening was provided to improve on-street parking within the commercial area.
- Enhancement features included the installation of gateway signs, decorative benches and landscaping planter boxes.