- V3 performed this storm sewer and box culvert installation as a subcontractor to Geneva Construction.
- The project included roadway widening and drainage improvements along approximately 10,000 linear feet of US Route 30 from Dugan Road to Municipal Drive.
- Triple box culverts were installed at two locations along US Route 30 to accommodate the widening. The first was 12 feet by 6 feet and included a total of 24 sections of box culvert. The second was 8 feet by three feet and included a total of 24 sections of box culvert. Both installations were constructed in two stages utilizing sheet pile to support the pavement and maintain traffic flow during construction.
- An existing 12-inch watermain, located under the creek, was lowered to avoid a conflict with the box culvert elevation.
- Prior to storm sewer installation, a detailed in-stream work plan was generated and permitted in order to maintain adequate drainage of storm events during construction.
- Elements of stormwater management included bypass pumping from ditches and pipe around the work zone, as well as installation of temporary drainage pipe.
- Additional work included the installation of new reinforced concrete pipe storm sewer along US Route 30 that tied into the box culverts.
Illinois Department of Transportation