- V3 is providing Phase II engineering services for the widening and resurfacing of approximately one-half mile of Naperville Road from Ogden Avenue to Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88).
- The roadway is currently a four-lane urban section with a barrier median. A third northbound through lane is proposed from just south of Ridgeland Avenue to the eastbound tollway entrance ramp while a third southbound through lane is proposed from Diehl Road to Naperville-Wheaton Road.
- The existing pavement section is proposed to be milled, patched and overlaid with new hot-mix asphalt surface and binder courses. In addition, nearly 1,000 feet of Diehl Road is proposed to be fully reconstructed.
- The proposed improvements also include the addition of auxiliary lanes at both the Naperville-Wheaton Road/Ridgeland Avenue and Diehl Road intersections to enhance traffic flow along the Naperville Road corridor. In addition, the lanes on Ridgeland Avenue are to be reconfigured in order to improve alignment and intersection operations.
New sidewalk, ADA ramps and crosswalks are proposed within the limits of improvement.
- Given the presence of numerous adjacent commercial properties and heavy traffic volumes along Naperville Road (ranging from 29,000-35,000 vehicles per day), the development of a comprehensive traffic staging plan was a key project component.
- Short sections of retaining wall are proposed at several locations along the corridor to minimize impacts to adjacent properties and reduce right of way acquisition limits.
- The existing traffic signals at the Naperville-Wheaton Road/Ridgeland Avenue and Diehl Road intersections are proposed to be fully modernized and interconnected. Temporary traffic signal installations are proposed to accommodate staged traffic during construction. In addition, the existing roadway lighting system is proposed to be replaced as part of the improvements.
- A stormwater management permit will be prepared and submitted in accordance with the DuPage County Stormwater and Floodplain Ordinance.