- V3 provided site design engineering services for this 16.5-acre redevelopment on the former McDonald’s headquarters in Oak Brook. The highly visible redevelopment will result in approximately one million square feet of new, mixed-use development.
- Project included horizontal infrastructure including roadways, parking, utilities and building pads for a new, mixed-use development that will ultimately have five restaurant/retail pads, an apartment building, hotel, office building and two condominium buildings.
- Design included reprofiling and reconstruction of an existing public roadway that bisected the site.
- V3 prepared a detailed stormwater management analysis that resulted in only having to maintain existing detention volumes rather than adding more detention. The stormwater solution also involved reconfiguring the existing detention ponds and shrinking the footprints through the use of retaining walls, thereby creating valuable additional development area for the Owner.
- Extensive field investigation was required to review and analyze a complex system of existing dry utilities that had to remain. V3 coordinated with the various utility companies and the construction team to avoid the utilities, and made plan revisions when conflicts were found in the field. In addition, V3 assisted in coordinating with several dry utility companies to assure that each lot could be served in the future.
- Document preparation was accelerated to obtain permits in time for fall construction.
- In addition, V3 coordinated with the landscape architect to create a functional and meaningful central park as a feature of the project.
- V3 provided construction administration services to assist the construction team come to quick solutions on conflicts found in the field.