Build Your World, Build Your Career …
V3 Companies of Canada believes in development by both providing you with an environment to enhance your professional growth and in transforming the world around us for the better. Our name reflects that commitment to you and those who live, work and play in the special places we help to create: Visio, Vertere, Virtute – The Vision to Transform with Excellence.
We are a fast-growing firm with offices located throughout the US and Canada and excited to be building a Transportation practice within our Edmonton-area office. This office additionally currently engages in a range of planning, land and site development and municipal infrastructure improvement projects throughout Alberta and other western Provinces. We believe that the worst thing is to pigeonhole talent. Instead, we prefer to provide the means for you to align your personal career goals with the professional opportunities we offer.
Here’s how you fit into the V3 Team:
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, organizational, and traffic engineering technical skills; and a focus on being service-oriented. We are building the Transportation Practice here in Alberta and looking for positive, collaborative, and highly engaged self-starters who will help us build our practice locally. Our Edmonton‐based team also collaborates on projects with our U.S. counterparts, which offers you access to a deep bench of transportation peers and opportunities to contribute on interesting and complex U.S.-based transportation infrastructure work.
Here’s some additional skillsets we are looking for:
- Successful completion of an Engineering Degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering with coursework in road safety engineering, transportation engineering/planning preferred. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer or Road Safety Professional certifications are not required but would be considered an asset.
- Experience leading and delivering traffic/transportation projects for the private sector, municipalities, and government agencies, including commercial, residential, industrial, and mixed-use developments.
- Knowledge of design standards and guidelines including TAC, ITE, AASHTO, Edmonton Capital Region, Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridor and Alberta MD’s and Counties would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with the following software would be considered an asset: SYNCHRO, Sidra Intersection, Vissum, SimTraffic, AutoTurn, HCS, TORUS, ARCADY, Rodel, and InterCalc.
- P.Eng. or P.L. Eng required (or ability to secure one of these designations within 6 months).
- Candidate should be working at an intermediate or senior level in transportation/traffic engineering/road safety in the public or private sector.
- Design and planning experience in the following transportation areas would be an asset: traffic engineering; traffic simulation; operational analysis, road safety engineering; intersection/interchange design; roundabouts; rural roadways; urban streets; transit (bus and/or rail); highway corridors; multi-use paths; multi-modal traffic; active transportation; complete streets analysis, capacity and corridor analysis, network planning, and transportation master plans.
- Strong communication, time management, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-discipline and remote project teams and liaise with internal disciplines.
- Strong writing skills and ability to prepare written materials including memo’s, reports, plans, briefing materials, and proposal inputs in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage deadlines and undertake multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Support to successfully grow and deliver the existing roads and highways business within Alberta and for the Western Canada Region and our US counterparts on transportation assignments.
- Traffic engineering, including Traffic Impact Assessment development, traffic modelling, traffic controls, intersection analysis, traffic studies, signal timing, intelligent transportation systems, and design of signing and pavement marking.
- Prepare proposal inputs to support the generation of new business from existing or prospective clients.
- Collaborate with project teams, including sub‐consultants, during the planning, design, and construction phases of a project.
- Interacting directly with clients on transportation/traffic elements of projects.
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in traffic engineering.
- Mentor and train new transportation staff and provide technical leadership.
What more can we tell you?
Our newly‐renovated office is located on the western edge of Sherwood Park, close to Anthony Henday
Drive and about 20 minutes from downtown Edmonton. Our projects that you’d be typically engaged in
are built in and around Edmonton and other northern Alberta municipalities, however, may extend to the U.S. The job features competitive pay and paid time off and a comprehensive benefits package.
By now, you’re probably wondering what’s important to us…
We wouldn’t have been named to the Top 5 list of North America’s Best Architecture/Engineering Firm to Work For without a passionate focus on our people. Because our Project Managers play such an important part in defining who we are, we place a premium on character and cultural fit. Our website clearly communicates how much we value our team. As a consulting firm entrusted by our clients to provide solutions and quality advice, we’re only as good as each member of our combined team. Our win‐win scenario is when you’re as happy working with us, as we are in calling you our friend and teammate.
Of course, we believe in welcoming the best people and care about your skills relative to your experience. Having an honest and open communication style also is a key trait. Because we are a very “flat organization” without a lot of layers of management, you’ll interact regularly with every staff member, your fellow leaders and the management throughout V3.
Here are your next steps:
To help us get acquainted, please send your resume and a cover letter that tells us a bit about you to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making a connection.
Interested in this position? Fill out the form below.