- River enhancements included placing 3,500 linear feet of root wads and 5,000 boulders along the shoreline and riverbed to address erosion issues and stabilize the banks.
- Strategic areas of the site were regraded and structural berms constructed to enhance wetland hydrology.
- The material excavated for the channels was stockpiled out of the floodplain prior to being placed back in the channels and restored.
- Because of its highly sensitive environment, the 34-acre fen had to be cleared by hand.
- We installed 150,000 native plants and seeded more than 200 acres with native plants.
- In addition to the County, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County also directed work related to the enhancement.
- Construction was followed by three years of ecological maintenance and monitoring.