Revenue and profits drive businesses forward, but at V3, our principles extend beyond the bottom line. Since our founding in 1983, our core values have helped us achieve four decades of professional and personal success. Learn why core values are important to our business and how we live and breathe our beliefs.
Evolving Values Over Time
When our founder, Rob Petroelje, set off to start his own firm, he believed that alignment of his own value system and the values of his firm would create a model for sustainable success. Having grown up on a dairy farm in rural Michigan, his earliest worldviews forever shaped his professional journey.
“So many of my values and beliefs were formed in my early years on the farm. The work ethic that has served me well over the years is directly tied to where my roots where formed—and the discipline of completing tasks that were necessary for the sustenance and well-being of the family I was part of.”Rob Petroelje
Petroelje envisioned a firm that pursued not only economic success but personal satisfaction as well. After feeling unappreciated and underutilized earlier in his career, he wanted his team to be empowered by and engaged with their work, guided by the light of the same north star.
Our firm’s first core values were Commitment to Excellence, Focus on Clients, and Dedication to Employees. But after the first decade of business, Petroelje realized his inherent principles were not necessarily echoed throughout the industry. While he took honesty as a given, that standard wasn’t always upheld elsewhere.
“As we gained experience and interacted with clients, public officials, and peer firms, we began to sense that an ingredient was missing from our foundational values. That led to a decision to articulate a fourth value.”Rob Petroelje
“Unwavering Integrity” became the firm’s fourth core value, which was followed by “Service to Community.” These five principles illustrate to clients and employees alike who we are and what drives our specific definition of success.
Today, our core values are:
- Unwavering Integrity: Honesty and transparency are fundamental to who we are.
- Commitment to Excellence: Innovation and the tireless pursuit of a better solution in all we do.
- Focus on Clients: Service level and solutions that defy expectations.
- Dedication to Employees: Understanding that our people are at the heart of everything we do.
- Service to Community: Creating lasting impact where we live and work through our collective time and resources.
Putting Core Values Into Action
Setting the standard doesn’t stop after scribbling down some core values, they then must be integrated throughout the company’s culture. “Team culture” has become a buzzword in recent years, but our firm has been living this truth for four decades, making real, concerted efforts to ensure we’re doing right by our partners and people.
Here’s how our values are felt throughout our culture:
- Unwavering Integrity: We’re led by what’s right, not what’s easy.
- Commitment to Excellence: We push ourselves to deliver the best possible results, implementing smart solutions and the latest technology to defy expectations.
- Focus on Clients: We are partners every step of the way, with our client’s experiencing a true advocate for the vision of their project.
- Dedication to Employees: Our employee enrichment programs, professional opportunities, and philosophy of shared success with all team members allows our employees to create and enjoy fulfilling and rewarding careers
- Service to Community: Every team member receives eight hours of paid volunteer time to partner with a local nonprofit and give back to their local community.